Wednesday 29 February 2012

Giving Up Everything

It's a difficult week. I am on day 4 of not smoking. I had a few false starts, having announced I would give up for Lent and failing spectacularly. But I've managed the last 3 nights, (my weak moment is at 9 o clock, when the children go to bed.)   I have eaten sweets and popcorn to get through it and put on weight. So am now back on the Dukan Diet. So I was cooking cod with grated ginger and lemon at 11 o clock this morning because I couldn't wait until lunch time. I managed all day until I got home at 4 and gave my son a doughnut and took a giant bite of one myself. Then I had half a Penguin and two oatcakes with low fat cheese. Thus cancelling out everything I had tried to do. So not only am I not smoking or eating much, but I am also not allowed hot baths, (my true solace) because I am wearing support stockings (which have to be worn day and night for 14 nights) as I am having some thread veins treated.  I've been through this twice before and I can tell you it's not fun. 

I feel strange, and weird without my crutches. Help? Someone? Anyone?

2 comments:

  1. If you're giving up smoking for lent does that mean you can start again in 40 days? I'm afraid I'm one of those annoying take-it-or-leave-it smokers so can offer little advice, apart from making your smoking experience finer by using liquorice papers and vanilla tobacco mixed with yellow golden virginia. However, I imagine this isn't quite the advice you are after!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that advice! I am trying to give up completely but failing spectacularly!

    ReplyDelete

Is It Just Me Or Are Fad Diets a Waste of Time and Money?

I had lunch with a friend the other day. While I tucked into a substantial salad she sipped a sad black tea and boasted that she had lost 9...