Wednesday 25 May 2011

A Distracted Writer

writer2.jpg
I am meant to be working on a novel I am writing. It doesn't have a title yet, but it's about twin sisters. I am about 40,000 words into it,  which I consider to be about half way, probably a little less than half way. No one has looked at it yet, which is a little scary. I am still very much in first draft mode and quite stuck as to how the second half of the book should unfold. I am finding it just so hard to concentrate. The passage that I am meant to be writing about takes place in LA, so I am spending time reading blogs about LA, looking at clips of LA on youtube, and generally farting about. 

I would love to know if there are any bloggers out there who live in LA? 

Just another excuse to ask them lots of questions and not really get down to writing.

I have been watching Jamie's Food Revolution on television, partly because it's set in LA. He seems like a passionate, genuine guy on a mission. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh dear - can't help as I live in the north of England which couldn;t be further from life in LA! Good luck and stop procrastinating !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in LA for over a year in 2009/10 and have just returned from another trip there, if that helps! Happy to answer questions.

    ReplyDelete

Is It Just Me Or Are Fad Diets a Waste of Time and Money?

I had lunch with a friend the other day. While I tucked into a substantial salad she sipped a sad black tea and boasted that she had lost 9...