Ten reasons why families should move to Sheperds Bush
1. The Park Club in Acton is a good reason to live in this area. You will never need to go away again because there are 27 acres of outdoor space in this fantastic family Health Club. There are adult classes, yoga, pilates, zumba, (anything you can think of) and if you have children you won't feel the pressure to get out of city or move house, desperate for a bigger garden. It's all here. They have play equipment, sand pits, tennis courts, ping pong, football, tennis and the piece de resistance - an outdoor swimming pool. It's not cheap but your children will be happy. Really happy. And as you sit on the terrace or sunbathe by the outdoor pool, you will be too.
2. Excellent schools: Brilliant state primaries -St Stephens Church of England School, run by renowned head Michael Schumm. He's an inspiration, loved by both parents and children. They had their own talent show this year judged by Davina McCall, Ollie Murs and Oritze from JLS. My son Jude won with his stand up comic routine. Brackenbury, John Betts and Greenside are all in close proximity too. Also there are two new state secondaries opening in September - The Hammersmith Academy and The West London Free School. Excellent private schools too -Harrodian, St Pauls, Latymer, Colet Court, Ravenscourt Prep are just a few.
3. Ravenscourt Park and Holland Park. Both have cafes and playgrounds for toddlers, preschool and older children.
4. Bush Hall. Spent many years taking toddlers here for music time with the heavenly Emma Raworth. Also have groovy music gigs for grownups and music courses for children.
5. Kite Studios . Good holiday and term time art courses for Children, run by magical Auriol.
6. Westway. Love it or hate it, it's here to stay and is really convenient.
7. Proximity to Chiswick and Turnham Green, packed with specialist food shops and good restaurants and cafes.
8. Arts Educational School - runs really good drama and music Saturday school.
9. The Lyric Theatre in Hammersmith offers free first nights to residents. The Bush Theatre is moving to bigger and better premises on the Uxbridge Road, and is opening this year.
10. Easy to get to M4, M3 and M40, Heathrow and the central line to town.