Tuesday 28 September 2010

Marriage

Tuesdays are the days that my Times column - Marriage -  comes out in the Body and Soul Section. Today it's about how my husband bought me a bicycle on ebay - two years after he promised me one for my birthday. I wrote that I was suspicious of his motives, just to spice things up, but actually I was thrilled and have bicycled every day to school and back feeling smug and happy not to have to walk down the busy Uxbridge Road, or use the car which is so wasteful.

We went to a preview of a animated children's film called Despicable Me which was utterly brilliant. It's all about an "evil" Russian villain who wants to steal the moon, but his terrible ways are tempered when he adopts some children from a children's home. The special 3d effects are superb, there is a scene where they all dip and dive in a rollercoaster and we were all squealing in terror and delight. The movie opens on October 15th.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I went to that preview! Isn't it a brilliant film? I'm actually looking forward to the DVD. Mind you that's a bit sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No not at all sad. I really loved it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This website is a gateway to avail hefty discount codes for all your favourite stores.
    https://www.topvoucherscode.co.uk/missguided-discount-voucher-codes

    ReplyDelete

Is It Just Me Or Are Fad Diets a Waste of Time and Money?

I had lunch with a friend the other day. While I tucked into a substantial salad she sipped a sad black tea and boasted that she had lost 9...